By default, the remaining fields are linked to the fields in ADP Workforce Now. There are two considerations you should have when deciding whether to edit a field. Response Options Note: Don't change the response options here. These dropdown menu options come from ADP (not CareerPlug), and synching them from ADP to CareerPlug is covered below.
First, log into your CareerPlug account and navigate to Onboarding. In Onboarding, click Account and select Settings in the dropdown menu.
Scroll down to the Employee Custom Fields area. Decide which fields you want to delete or change.
Delete the custom fields that are not relevant. Note: Only delete fields that you are 100% sure you will not need to export to ADP Workforce Now. If you are unsure if you need a field and would like more clarification, reach out to CareerPlug first before deleting a field. It is a tedious process to restore fields once they have been deleted. We recommend only keeping employee custom fields for the information you absolutely must have within ADP Workforce Now, but we would not want you to delete necessary fields.
To delete a custom field, click the X to the right of the custom field.
1. Does the field need to be required (mandatory)? The fields are set to required by default, but you can adjust this setting on an individual field if it should not be a required field.
2. Do you want to rename fields in CareerPlug?
If you'd like to change either of these settings for a field, click the pencil icon to the right of a field to edit it.
This will open a window in which you can customize the field settings.
File Number Note: If you use File Numbers within ADP, there is a way to automatically generate the next file number within ADP without having to add this information via CareerPlug. In ADP, go to Setup > System Setup > Payroll > Auto Assign Next File # on New Hires. Please leave the file number box not required if you wish to make use of the auto-generation of the file number in ADP.
1. Give consent to the CareerPlug app in ADP to consent to the transfer of data that will need to take place in order for the export to work. Visit MyApps and click on the CareerPlug tile, which will prompt you to give consent.
2. In your Workforce Now portal, make sure that you enable the mobile services for ADP Workforce Now in the Disabled Mobile Services section of security management. This must be enabled for the APIs to work. Contact your field support if you are unsure of how to enable it.
3. Import field values from ADP to CareerPlug. After you edit your Employee Custom Fields and double-check that you have given consent and all data transfer settings are correct in ADP, it's time to import field values from ADP. This means that any dropdown menu field values available within your ADP account will be imported to CareerPlug. It is important to note that we cannot edit this information in CareerPlug. After you do your initial sync by clicking Import Field Values from ADP, the content will be automatically refreshed every hour.
To import the field values from ADP into CareerPlug, navigate to Onboarding then click Account > Settings, scroll down to the Integrations area, and click the Import Field Values from ADP button.
4. Create an Employee Record Form in CareerPlug. To verify what ADP Workforce Now information is provided by a new employee or manager, it's best to create an employee record form in CareerPlug that will indicate which person should deliver which information. It is important to be aware of who (manager or employee) will be responsible for the content of each field. More info: How do I create an employee record type form?
5. Test export a test employee from CareerPlug to ADP. As soon as you have gone through the list of employee custom fields and have reviewed and adjusted the content of the employee custom fields, test this process to see if any adjustments are required.
Once you have a test employee who has filled out their ADP fields, find that employee you wish to export in Onboarding. Click their name, then click their ADP tab. Click the Export to ADP button at the bottom of the page.
That employee will now appear in ADP - either in the 'In Progress Hires' area or the 'Hire History' area - depending on which version of the integration you asked your Client Success Manager to install. (Applicant Onboard - the employee will appear in 'In Progress Hires'; Worker Hire - the employee will appear in 'Hire History'.)
You can view the exported employees in the ADP by logging into ADP as an administrator and navigating to Process > Hire/Rehire.
Once you have exported an employee from CareerPlug to ADP, please edit them in ADP. Changes you make in CareerPlug after exporting an employee will not be reflected in ADP.
By default, the remaining fields are linked to the fields in ADP Workforce Now. There are two considerations you should have when deciding whether to edit a field.
Response Options Note: Don't change the response options here. These dropdown menu options come from ADP (not CareerPlug), and synching them from ADP to CareerPlug is covered below.