Note: If you are a State Farm Agent, click here to learn how to post a job.
To post a new job, follow these steps:
2. You may either choose a template or start a blank job posting form. Ensure your location is filled in correctly and click Create Job. For more information on job templates see: How do I add job templates?
3. Come up with a compelling job title for the position, ensuring that it follows Indeed Best Practices for maximum job visibility. You'll also need to select which workflow you would like to use to review your applicants for this position (only if you have multiple workflows) as well as the job status. You may check the box if you wish to post this job at a later date instead of immediately (We recommend posting Monday through Wednesday, as that is when most job seekers are actively searching job boards).
4. Select the Hiring Manager, then edit which full access and limited access users can view this job's applicants. (More info: What do the levels of user access mean?)
5. Customize your notification settings by selecting a name from the drop-down, then editing that user's notifications settings for new applicants, new Fast Track applicants (More info: What is CareerPlug's Fast Track program?), applicant task completion and hiring workflow steps. (More info: How do I manage my notification settings? )
6. Come up with a dynamic and inviting job description (Click here for guidance: 3 Tips for Writing Better Job Descriptions). You may use the editing toolbar to format the text.
If you know HTML, you can also edit the HTML of a job posting by clicking View > Source Code.
7. Choose the position type (full time, contract, etc.) Then add any compensation range that applies. Adding a compensation range is recommended, as applicants are drawn to job postings with compensation information. Add desired years of experience is also recommended, as it can help with visibility on Indeed.
8. Select any prescreen questions you would like to ask your applicants either by choosing a question from our pre-written library or by clicking Add Blank Prescreen Question. Prescreens are questions applicants must answer when applying to your job. You can use the applicant's answers and the assigned prescreen score to determine their level of fit for the position. To add a question, you will need to click the plus (+) sign. To edit the type of question, add possible responses, and assign scores to possible answers, click the pencil next to the question. Try to select 5 or fewer prescreen questions if possible — any more will overwhelm applicants. (Click here for more information: How do I use prescreen questions?)
10. Select assessments that you would like to be available to send applicants for this job. We offer some standardized assessments which you can easily add, for example a Math/Verbal Aptitude Assessment (Timed) and Personality Assessment. On the Personality Assessment, you can choose a number of categories on which to evaluate your applicants. You can also benchmark applicant assessment results with current employees. (Click here for more information on using the Personality Assessment: What do the results on the Personality Assessment mean?)
11. Select up to five categories that this job posting fits. Click the plus (+) sign to add them.
12. At the bottom of the page are some advanced options. Most clients will not use these, but they are available if you need them.
Be sure to click the Save Job button once you are finished making changes to the job.
What happens next:
Your new job will automatically be posted to your Careers Page. Within 24-36 hours, your jobs will be posted to Indeed and our other job board partners (learn who they are here: Where are my jobs being posted by CareerPlug?), but you can immediately post your job to other sources. Click here to learn more about posting your job to other job boards: How do I post my job to outside sources (such as Craigslist, Facebook or local colleges)?