You can always add individual prescreen questions to jobs as you post them. However, if you have a set of prescreen questions that you want to ask on all or many of your jobs, it can save you time to create a custom questionnaire
— a group of prescreen questions that jobseekers must answer in order to apply.
To create a new set of custom prescreen questions for applicants to complete when they apply to your job posting, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Account > Manage Job Settings and click the "Questionnaires" link on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click the Create New Questionnaire button (top right).
- Name your questionnaire (for example, "Sales Consultant Prescreen Questions").
- Click the Add Question button to add your first question. Select what type of question you would like to ask — Multiple Choice, Yes/No, Multi-Select, or Open Response (which allows the applicant to type in their own response to the question). Enter the question, such as "Which term best describes your selling style?" Enter the first answer choice in the Answer field and assign a score to that answer, if applicable. If you chose a Multiple Choice or Yes/No question, you should choose how each response to the question will be weighted in the final prescreen score. Add additional answer choices by clicking Add Response Option. Note: Each prescreen question response is assigned a score from 0% to 100%, and the results are averaged for the total score. When editing a prescreen question, you'll need to choose which percentile to use. Most clients choose either 10 or 4. The answers will be in 10% increments if you choose 10 and 25% increments if you choose 4. If you want to see scores of 60%, 70%, or 80% for certain responses, chose 10. If you would like to see scores of 25%, 50%, or 75%, then choose 4. No matter which percentile you choose, keep it consistent across every prescreen question.
- Add another question by clicking Add Another.
- Click Done once you have added all of the questions you wish to add to this questionnaire.
- When you are finished adding questions, click Update Questionnaire.
The next step is adding this questionnaire to a job:
Click on the name of the job you'd like to edit on the Jobs
tab, then scroll down and locate the Prescreen Questions section. Select the questionnaire you just created from the drop-down menu and click Save Job
to add these questions to the application process for your job.
For more info on prescreen questions, click here: How do I use prescreen questions?