To create an offer letter template, follow these steps:
Navigate to Account > Manage Hiring Process and then click the 'Offer Letter Templates' link on the left-hand side of the page. Click the button to create New Offer Letter Template.
Next, name the offer letter and add content.
Notice the Dynamic Fields drop-down menu. Use dynamic fields to automatically add information to a specific offer letter — like the applicant's name, the name of the job the applicant applied to, and even your company logo — when you send an offer to an applicant.
You can even create your own dynamic fields — called Variable Fields — for things like pay rate or number of vacation days. You'll be asked to add response options, and you can select the response that applies to a specific applicant at the time you send an offer to them. These fields are a bit different from dynamic fields, as you will need to select the correct response when creating an individual offer letter, instead of having text automatically populate on its own. Click the Add Variable Field button to add a field like this.
Add the custom variable field you just created to the offer letter template's content by clicking Dynamic Fields > Variable Fields and selecting the name of your variable field. This will insert your variable field in the offer letter.
Next, specify the default number of days after an offer is sent that it should expire. Leave this field blank if an offer should never expire. This is just a default setting, and it can be changed when you send an individual offer.
Next, set the notification settings for this offer letter template. More info: How do I adjust offer letter notification settings? Any admin, full access, or limited access user of your account can be notified when an applicant is sent an offer, accepts an offer, rejects an offer, or requests to make changes to an offer. Select users from the drop-down menu and use the plus sign to add them to the notification settings.
When you finish adjusting offer letter template, click the Update Offer Letter Template button.
Now you're ready to send an offer letter to an applicant!
1. Navigate to the applicant to whom you wish to extend an offer on the Applicants tab.
Follow these steps to send an applicant an offer:
2. Click the Send Offer link under the Offer hiring step.
3. When you click Send Offer, a pop-up will open that allows you to choose the offer letter template that you wish to use. If the template has custom variable fields, you may select the responses here.
4. After you click Next, you can view the offer, customize the wording, and verify the expiration date:
5. The offer message will be sent to the candidate, with a link they can click to view the offer. More info: What does an offer letter look like to an applicant?
6. You will be able to view the status of the offer letter under the applicant's Offer hiring step. If the applicant has been sent an offer but not yet viewed it, the status will say "Unread." If they have viewed the offer, the status will say "Viewed." If they have accepted or rejected the offer, that status will be reflected as well. You will get an email when an offer is rejected or accepted. Learn more about offer letter notification settings here: How do I adjust offer letter notification settings?
The applicant below has viewed the offer letter but not acted upon it. Hover over the status to see the time when the offer was last acted upon (viewed, accepted, or rejected).
Feel free to update or rescind the offer letter at any time.